- All Pacific students are welcome to submit an article, essay, chart, infographic or other form of relevant written or visual content for publication consideration to Backstage Pass. Submissions are welcomed during the first ten weeks of both the fall and spring semester, using the submission links found here.
- The editors reserve the exclusive right to review all submissions for suitability for the journal. Authors are expected to adhere to proper use of grammar, tone, syntax and structure for a professional audience. Authors will be notified on a timely basis via email whether or not their submission has been accepted for publication. All decisions regarding publication by the editors are final.
- If a piece is accepted for publication, author hereby grants non-exclusive rights to Backstage Pass and University of the Pacific to publish their article online and through whatever other media as deemed appropriate by the editors now and in the future.
- Authors will retain copyright control of their works, which will be noted via appropriate copyright notice as part of the issue in which their work is published. Authors are encouraged to consider using a Creative Commons, non-commercial license.
- Inclusion of any copyright controlled materials such as images, song lyrics, protected names, service or trademarks may require permission from rights holders prior to publication. Backstage Pass editors will offer advice and assistance in any such cases to expedite such permissions, if deemed necessary.
For additional policies on Formatting Requirements for articles, please visit the Final Manuscript Preparation Guidelines page.