Date of Award
Master of Arts (M.A.)
First Committee Member
Carl D. Lang
Second Committee Member
Thomas Cy Coleman
It was the purpose of this study to develop and examine a pilot program relating reading instruction specifically to course content and to collect data for seeking answers to the following questions:
- Can the general reading ability of disabled readers who are considered slow learners be significantly improved by a program emphasizing the development of reading skills in relation to content in two required courses in the ninth grade?
- What areas of general reading ability, if any, can be improved by such a program?
- Can specific reading skills be improved by such a program?
- Which students, if any, benefit more from such a program?
- What modifications in (1) staff utilization, (2) classroom procedures, (3) teaching techniques, and (4) texts and other materials are necessary to develop such a program?
Owen, Lois. (1971). A descriptive study of the development and evaluation of a program teaching reading through content subjects at Lodi High School. University of the Pacific, Thesis. https://scholarlycommons.pacific.edu/uop_etds/1757
No Known Copyright. URI: http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/NKC/1.0/
The organization that has made the Item available reasonably believes that the Item is not restricted by copyright or related rights, but a conclusive determination could not be made. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information. You are free to use this Item in any way that is permitted by the copyright and related rights legislation that applies to your use.