Reverse Side Caption
Stockton, California 1849. Looking across the Stockton Channel toward the intersection of El Dorado St. and Weber Ave. At the far right is Captain Charles M. Weber's Store and stern of the Susanne, a sailing ship, that served as the first jail. Stockton was the supply center for the Southern Mines during the Gold Rush.
Holt-Atherton Special Collections, University of the Pacific Library
To view additional information on copyright and related rights of this item, such as to purchase copies of images and/or obtain permission to publish them, click here to view the Holt-Atherton Special Collections policies.