Full Text (271 KB)
This is a medical case Open Educational Resource (OER) created for the PHAR 632 Case Base Practice IV course in the Department of Pharmacy Practice at University of the Pacific's Thomas J. Long School of Pharmacy.
- Please provide complete SOAP for the main problems with specific instructions as follows.
- Osteomyelitis: complete plan on antibiotic therapy based on most updated lab results and comprehensive inpatient care pertinent to the problem
- DKA/T2DM: complete plan for transitioning IV to SC basal bolus insulin and outpatient diabetes management (other comorbidities plans to be addressed under secondary problems)
- ESRD & CKD complications (anemia & mineral bone disease): address current regimens for CKD complications and provide interventions, if applicable
- Please provide assessment and plan on secondary problems
- Please review patient’s course of hospitalization (including appropriateness of medications initiated, monitoring during hospitalization, or any necessary follow-ups) to assist in responding to the OOB questions
Six cases were created for this course in the summer of 2022. To view the additional courses, go here.
Lee, Cynthia, "Osteomyelitis, DKA, and ESRD Complication Cases" (2022). Pacific Open Texts. 22.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-Share Alike 4.0 International License.