Full Text (357 KB)
This is a medical case Open Educational Resource (OER) created for the PHAR 632 Case Base Practice IV course in the Department of Pharmacy Practice at University of the Pacific's Thomas J. Long School of Pharmacy.
- Please provide complete SOAP for the main problems with specific instructions as follows.
- Cryptococcal meningitis: provide full treatment plans for cryptococcal meningitis, including acute treatment to resolve infection with any necessary supportive care and follow-up secondary prophylaxis to prevent recurrence
- HIV: provide assessment of current HIV management and provide comprehensive plan to optimize management and reduce future complications/adverse events risk
- Please provide assessment and plan on secondary problems
- Please review patient’s course of hospitalization and previous visits (including appropriateness of medications initiated, monitoring during hospitalization, or any necessary follow-ups) to assist in responding to the discussion questions
Six cases were created for this course in the summer of 2022. To view the additional courses, go here.
Lee, Cynthia, "OI, HIV Cases" (2022). Pacific Open Texts. 21.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-Share Alike 4.0 International License.