Full Text (225 KB)
This is a medical case Open Educational Resource (OER) created for the PHAR 632 Case Base Practice IV course in the Department of Pharmacy Practice at University of the Pacific's Thomas J. Long School of Pharmacy.
- Please provide complete SOAP for the main problems with specific instructions as follows.
- ACS: complete plan on early hospital care in preparation to PCI (pre-PCI medication recommendation)
- Hypertensive crises/HTN: complete plan for blood pressure management in the inpatient setting (consider concurrent comorbidities relevant to antihypertensive agents)
- Sepsis secondary to UTI and bacteremia: complete plan on antibiotic therapy based on most updated lab results and comprehensive inpatient care pertinent to the problem
- Please provide assessment and plan on secondary problems
- Please review patient’s course of hospitalization (including appropriateness of medications initiated, monitoring during hospitalization, or any necessary follow-ups) and review appropriate clinical guidelines/literatures carefully to assist in responding to the discussion questions
Six cases were created for this course in the summer of 2022. To view the additional courses, go here.
Lee, Cynthia, "NSTEMI, HTN Crises, UTI & Bacteremia Cases" (2022). Pacific Open Texts. 20.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-Share Alike 4.0 International License.