Full Text (890 KB)
This is a medical case Open Educational Resource (OER) created for the PHAR 632 Case Base Practice IV course in the Department of Pharmacy Practice at University of the Pacific's Thomas J. Long School of Pharmacy.
- Please provide complete SOAP for the main problems with specific instructions as follows.
- a. ACLS/Tumor lysis syndrome: provide plan for post-cardiac arrest care to include maintaining hemodynamic stability and treating the causes of cardiac arrest
- b. Febrile neutropenia/suspected intraabdominal infection: provide assessment and plan for inpatient treatment
- Please provide assessment and plan on secondary problems and recommend appropriate vaccinations
- Please review patient’s course of hospitalization and recent hospitalizations (including appropriateness of medications initiated, monitoring during hospitalization, or any necessary follow-ups) to assist in responding to the OOB questions
- Please utilize appropriate protocols or antibiogram and be mindful of available drug strengths/forms to devise appropriate treatment plan
Six cases were created for this course in the summer of 2022. To view the additional courses, go here.
Lee, Cynthia, "ACLS, TLS, Febrile Neutropenia Cases" (2022). Pacific Open Texts. 19.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-Share Alike 4.0 International License.