Mary [Muir Hand]
June, 3, /97.
Dear Brother John:
We have finally decided that I can take the trip to California, and so if nothing happens I will leave here June 30- and reach San. Fran. July 6. Via the Burlington or C.B. & G Excursion train. Quite a number with whom I am acquainted, will go from here on that train and so the trip will be greatly enjoyed_
Now as to the money. you suggest being my banker, and a safe banker you would be and you certainly have right to the most say in the matter for many reasons. How or when
would you place it? Would it gain interest or would you like to use it?
Willis sees chances for good safe inveestment here at good interest but we want to hear from you and so please answer just as soon as this is received.
We will talk business some when I see you, too.
I had two teeth extracted today and am tired.
The excursion train stops over two days at Salt Lake making a long trip_
1897 Jun 3
Original letter dimensions: 21.5 x 23 cm.
Hand, Mary Muir, "Letter from Mary [Muir Hand] to John Muir, 1897 Jun 3." (1897). John Muir Correspondence (PDFs). 2251.
Reel 09, Image 0897
Copyright status unknown
Some letters written to John Muir may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.). Transmission or reproduction of materials protected by copyright beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners. Responsibility for any use rests exclusively with the user.
University of the Pacific Library Holt-Atherton Special Collections. Please contact this institution directly to obtain copies of the images or permission to publish or use them beyond educational purposes.