Keith Hatschek and Breanne Beseda
Live your dream of a life in music.
If you dream about a career in the music industry, this book is for you. These practical strategies will help you to prepare for and land your dream job in the music business. Thousands of readers have used this book to educate and empower themselves and jumpstart successful music industry careers. You can, too!
Inside, you’ll find:
- Details on booming job prospects in digital music distribution and music licensing
- Interviews with nine music industry professionals under 35 who discuss how they got their starts, plus what skills today’s leading job candidates must possess
- A resource directory of industry related job websites as well as U.S. and Canadian trade associations
- Step-by-step guidance for developing a first rate resume and acing your interviews
- Workshops to help you assess and develop your own personalized career tool kit
- Strategies for industry networking, finding a mentor, and how to effectively use social media
An enlightening guide to recording studio techniques and practices, this book collects ten years of interviews and articles edited by Keith Hatschek for the authoritative quarterly Pro Studio Edition . The book provides tips and insider information on all facets of the recording process, from studio acoustics, mixing, and microphones to digital recording, vintage equipment, and working with bands. Notable engineers and producers from a wide array of backgrounds share the tricks of the trade, including Joe Barresi (Melvins, Bad Religion), Mitch Easter (REM, Suzanne Vega), Richard Dodd (Wilco, Green Day), and Ed Cherney (Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, Eric Clapton).