"Four colleges sponsored by religious groups presently affiliated with the United Methodist Church existed in northern California during the nineteenth century. These entities were: the University of the Pacific (1851- ) and Napa College (1885-1896), established by the Methodist Episcopal Church; Pacific Methodist College (1861-1902), established by the Methodist Episcopal Church, South; and San Joaquin Valley College (1883-1897), established by the United Brethren. By 1880 all of these colleges had erected substantial buildings none of which survive today. These vanished structures are the subject of this brief study."
Undated, likely c.1985
Holt-Atherton Special Collections, University of the Pacific Library
Box Number/Folder Title
184.108.40.206/Vanished Architectural Heritage of California's Early Methodist Colleges-Walker, D.B.
Walker, Donald B., "The Vanished Architectural Heritage of California's Early Methodist Colleges" (1985). University of the Pacific Individual Histories. 33.