Reverse Side Caption
St. Mary of the Assumption Catholic Church, Stockton, California. Built on the site of the oldest Catholic church of the entire San Joaquin Valley (the original wooden "Gold Rush" church was built in 1851). The nave and tower were built in 1861; the transept was added in 1869; the front entrance and spire in 1893.
Holt-Atherton Special Collections, University of the Pacific Library
To view additional information on copyright and related rights of this item, such as to purchase copies of images and/or obtain permission to publish them, click here to view the Holt-Atherton Special Collections policies.