Date of Award


Document Type


Degree Name

Master of Physician Assistant Studies


Physician Assistant Education

First Advisor

Mark Christiansen


In the United States, between the years 2011 and 2015, 42,490 cases of classical Hodgkin Lymphoma (cHL) were reported, and 5,585 people died.1 While the response rate to initial treatment leading to remission for those diagnosed with cHL has increased, a portion of patients with remitting or refractory Hodgkin Lymphoma (RRHL) continue to require attention. Currently, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimates a 5-year survival rate for those with Hodgkin lymphoma of 83.5%, leaving 16.5% either in relapse or remitting disease.1 As research surrounding the treatment of cHL increases, there has been an emergence of utilizing novel treatments to help expand and improve clinical outcomes. These novel treatments not only include improvements in efficacy, but also in the reduction of adverse events leading to further morbidity. Long term side effects from primary treatment include heart disease, lung disease, other forms of cancer, and infertility.2 Several advances in the understanding of Hodgkin Lymphoma have opened doors to new therapies designed to improve those with RRHL, as well as to reduce short-term and long-term side effects. Novel treatments offer options that improve efficacy while limiting adverse events when compared to standard treatments.

Budenz_Presentation Slides.pptx (17146 kB)
Click here to download Presentation Slides

Budenz_Presentation Slides.pptx (17146 kB)
Click here to download Presentation Slides



To view the content in your browser, please download Adobe Reader or, alternately,
you may Download the file to your hard drive.

NOTE: The latest versions of Adobe Reader do not support viewing PDF files within Firefox on Mac OS and if you are using a modern (Intel) Mac, there is no official plugin for viewing PDF files within the browser window.