Mark B. Kerr


John Muir


image preview


bone, leaving 6 men to bring up rest of supplies & 2 men to provide us with means for holding the fort until we can get settled weather long enough to succeed in reaching the summit.- Then, if we have good luck, we can return to base camp & we can take a sledge journey up the Seward Glacier, discover its sources, cross over & via Coffer River, have a try at Wrangell I have an idea of forming 2 parties and have a boat party sent up Coffer River, meeting us at head of [Chittgna?] or perhaps further up the Coffer and give us a source of supply. But time enough to arrange the details when I have everything in hand, but I feel we will succeed, and now must wait & see what the Topographical Co[illegible] will do, and arrange about the additional money required by private subscription.-Very trulyMark B. Kerr.01539


San Francisco, [Calif]

Date Original

1891 Nov 16


Original letter dimensions: 27 x 21 cm.

Resource Identifier


File Identifier

Reel 07, Image 0359

Copyright Statement

Some letters written to John Muir may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.). Transmission or reproduction of materials protected by copyright beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners. Responsibility for any use rests exclusively with the user.

Owning Institution

University of the Pacific Library Holt-Atherton Special Collections. Please contact this institution directly to obtain copies of the images or permission to publish or use them beyond educational purposes.

Page Number

Page 2


John Muir, correspondence, letters, author, writing, naturalist, California, correspondent, mail, message, post, exchange of letters, missive, notes, epistle