The Winter Forum is designed to draw together leading practitioners and scholars in international arbitration for intellectual dialogue and practical insights on key issues confronting the practice today. It is our intention to offer it each winter on alternating coasts of the U.S.. We are fortunate to have a faculty that includes many of the top internationally recognized experts in the field, both in practice and academia. To facilitate meaningful dialogue, registration will be limited to the first 100 registrants.
About The Institute for Transnational Arbitration
A division of the Center for American and International Law, the Institute for Transnational Arbitration (ITA) provides advanced, continuing education for lawyers, judges and other professionals concerned with transnational arbitration of commercial and investment disputes. Through its programs, scholarly publications and membership activities, ITA has become an important global forum on contemporary issues in the field of transnational arbitration.
The Stanford Court Renaissance San Francisco Hotel in San Francisco, Calif.
Feb. 2 to 3, 2012
Highlights of the Event
- presentation, commentary and discussion of three timely scholarly works-in-progress, selected from over 50 submissions.
- an ITA Forum like the Dallas Forum for candid dialogue on important developments in the field,
- a luncheon interview with Prof. George Bermann, Chief Reporter for ALI's Restatement (Third) of the U.S. Law of International Commercial Arbitration,
- the Winter Roundtable, a series of short debates organized by our Young Arbitrators Initiative with the leading global and local young lawyer organizations
- networking receptions both nights of the conference, and the Winter Forum Dinner following the conclusion of the program.